Sunday, October 23, 2011

31 Days of Words for the Daily Dash-Day 23

Time management is a constant issue for me. We all have lots to do and we often say we don't have enough time to get it all done. If I ever had the chance to express that sentiment to Elisabeth Elliot, I know exactly what she would say because she's said it already.

There is always time to do the will of God.

This post is the third time related one I've done. You would think I'd have one "go-to" phrase that I'd hear in my head when I'm feeling the crunch. But sometimes, you need to hear the same thing in a different way. It's good to have more than one bullet in your gun. 

This statement pulls the God card. That's a big bullet. That's a call to check what you are involved in more than just how you are scheduling your time. Maybe you feel crunched because you are involved in some things that you shouldn't be. The "shouldn'ts" are using up the ''shoulds'" time. Does what you are doing line up under the priorities you have set for your family?

When our kids were little, Lou and I would talk through the goals we had for each of our kids. Homeschooling kind of forces you to do this. I even wrote them down and then we'd evaluate what we were doing with them, what things we were letting them be involved in to see if it all lined up with those goals. (I'm kind of impressed we did that.)Well, we've gotten lazy as we've gotten older and as they've gotten older and we don't do that any more. (I'm kind of depressed we did that.) All that to say that the process of thinking through the goals you really want for you and your family and how you need to spend your time in getting closer to those goals - is an extremely helpful process. 

We should ask God to give us wisdom in this. He is not behind the pressure we feel in our lives. He is not asking us to do more than he knows we can do. He equips for what he requires. 

I want to remember that. There is always time (and energy) to do the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment