Monday, December 17, 2012

God, You, & Luke 2: Day 17

I have given birth to 6 children, so I'm familiar with the whole labor and delivery scene.

And the pain involved.

I remember looking at the verse in Genesis 3:16 where God says "I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children," differently after I had children. I remember thinking, "When God says pain, He means pain," because there is a pain like no other in that whole process.

I bring this up because when I read Luke 2:10, I thought a similar thought but on the opposite end of the spectrum. Luke 2:10 says,


 "And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

When God says "news," He's talking "news."
When God says "joy," He means "joy."

And to put the adjectives "good" and "great" in front of those words, is taking it over the top.

In facebook speak, God would use all caps.
And put exclamation points after it.
He means it.

We've been given good news of great joy like no other good news of great joy.

A Savior was born.





No comments:

Post a Comment