Friday, September 30, 2011

31 Days of Words for the Daily Dash-Day 1

I'm not sure what has possessed me, but I am attempting to blog for 31 days straight on one topic.

I follow Melissa, from the Home Decorating blog, The Inspired Room, on Twitter. She recently posted about a series she and a group of 6 other bloggers hosted last year called 31 Days of Autumn Bliss, where they wrote on a topic of their choice. They are opening that series up this year to anybody else out in the blogoshpere who'd like to take a 31 day challenge during the month of October to blog about anything that inspires them.



One of my passions is words, which I figure is pretty obvious since I have a blog. Words entertain me, motivate me, inspire me. And I have staked my life on the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us. That Word literally saved me. And His word? My lifeline, my joy.

It's safe to say I'm passionate about them. So, I'm going to blog about them. Specifically, the words, phrases, and quotes that help me on a daily basis to live a joyful, meaningful, non-wasted life.

Some of these words will be serious and I think, potentially, life changing. Some will be a bit sassy (courtesy of my mom). Some you will have heard before. But all of these words are places I quickly and routinely hang my hat. They are quotes and phrases that help me navigate through the daily joys, jostles, and jolts of life.

I'm also taking this challenge for a few other reasons.
    1. Since I'll be blogging for 31 days in a row, I will have to learn the art of brevity. That is not my bent, and I need to have that skill in my arsenal.
    2. I want to record these phrases for my kiddos. They've heard me say most of them, but it's nice of me to write them out for them.
    3. If anybody out there reads one of my posts, and it rings true for them, helps them on their daily dash - well, that will make me smile. I pray that my blog, my words, are an encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love words, too, so will be following along to see what you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title you decided on AND the logo design...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love "The Dash " You are too good for "WORDS"..thank you...

    ReplyDelete