Thursday, February 13, 2020

For David

My sentimental side has been activated as our David is getting married to his Makenzie on February 16, 2020, Lord willing.





I hadn't really planned to wax poetic, but a couple of lines occurred to me the other day, so I sat down this morning and put a few more with it. It's been good for my heart. 

And along with very amateur poetry, random pictures are attached...just because. 

Love to you, David and Mak. Thanking God for you both. 



A Poem for David

“A son’s a son til he takes a wife,”
Is the mantra boy mothers all hear.
On the brink of that point in my son’s life
I know I’ve nothing to fear.

I want my David to love this one.
She’s first in his heart and eye.
His love for her that is second to none
Makes my heart both sigh and fly.

I sigh as I look back in time
At the boy I used to hold
Who’s made me laugh; who’s made me cry
How did he and I get old?

It flies because his heart has wings
And so - mine does too!
He loves! And his heart sings
Mine throbs and grows..who knew?

I grow in love for this boy now grown
And this woman who has his heart
I pray God’s peace and grace are sown
Until death does them part. 






































No comments:

Post a Comment