Friday, April 1, 2011

Follow Through Friday - Out of Control

What a week! I'm not really sure what came over me, but my Easter planning/decorating post from last week took a back seat to a new idea in the mind of this get-after-it girl. I finally listened to my oldest girl, Hannah, who's been after me to change the space I spend the most time in - my kitchen. Our cabinets have been in sad shape for quite some time. I decided I had had enough! So, out came the paint, my favorite paint brush, and my "you know work is getting done" shirt.








Could I paint at least half the kitchen in a week? The first week of spring sports, where every night we are at some event? I just told Lou, "The family is on hold. The laundry, meal prep, and the taxi service are all up to you. You guys will need to fend for yourselves.  I'm painting!"

Here's the half I tackled.

The cabinets have seen better days. Especially the ones above the dishwasher. All that steam has taken its toll.  And I decided it was time to really take a chance. Just tired of playing it safe! I'm ready for some color. Something different! After looking through a ton of colors, we decided to go green. You all thought avocado green was just for the 60s and 70s. Well, let me tell you, it's back! At least at our house.  Here's the final result!


Can't wait to tackle the rest of the kitchen. Who knows what this week is going to hold. But for now, this family is not only going green, we're seeing green! Fun!






Next week: I will actually do what I said I was going to do last week - so please refer to my March 25th post. When I saw that my Follow Through occurred on April 1, I couldn't resist putting a little wink in my words. I hope some of you were starting to raise an eyebrow when I said I told Lou they all had to "fend for yourselves." And we could never pick this green because we had avocado green appliances in our first house, which we lived with for 8 years. We are not fans. So, if you could hear my voice right now, you'd hear me say, "April Fools!"

No comments:

Post a Comment