Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'd Marry Him All Over Again

August 1, 2011, is my 24th wedding anniversary. This past week, Lou and I have been reminiscing, voicing more than one, "This time 24 years ago... ____."  I am thankful for the sweet memories. I am thankful for my sweet husband.  I'm posting it on my blog so it's out there, for the whole world to know. I'm virtually standing on top of the highest mountain, shouting out, with a huge smile on my face,

"I'd marry him all over again!"

I spent just a little time tonight, looking through a few old photographs and found a few items from those first months and years.  No real rhyme or reason. Not exhaustive (aren't you glad for that). They just made me smile, so I thought I'd share them here. Kind of a little wedding anniversary celebration on my blog. 
Announcement in my local paper

One of my favorite pics of us - summer 1987

At our rehearsal dinner

My first backpacking trip - July 1988. And just fyi, his pack was heavier.
Costume party. Lou wore his dad's WWII uniform. 

I love how our child pulls us together
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of this man. I'd marry him all over again.

1 comment: