Friday, May 13, 2011

Follow Through Friday - My Maps

I've mentioned here before that I love maps. Just looking at globes and maps makes my heart beat a little faster. The world is so big and there's so much to see and do and learn. A world map and a U.S. map are prominently displayed in our family room.
When I bought these, my plan was for each person in our family to have a different color map pin that they would stick in the map showing all the places they had been.  But after I thought about that a while, I wondered if our U.S. map might turn into one big map pin. And even at this point, we are undecided about what to do with it. We've discussed marking where we've lived and places we've vacationed as a family - but even that seems a bit pin heavy. I'd love to hear any thoughts or suggestions any of you may have regarding how to mark it.

The world map is another story. We've done some traveling, but not enough to worry about pin overcrowding. My biggest hurdle with marking it was actually sticking the first pin in those perfectly mounted maps.

I was concerned that I wouldn't like it, and then I'd have a gaping hole that would stick out like a sore thumb. This Follow Through was just the push I needed. I stuck that first pin into Sri Lanka and after that, there was no turning back.



Some of you may remember the movie While You Were Sleeping. In it, Sandra Bullock's character wants to travel just to get her passport stamped. (I love that too!) I want to travel for a lot of different reasons, but I have to be honest and say that I do want to be able to put more pins in my world map. Hannah is hoping to study abroad in Italy in 2012. If that happens, Lou and I plan to visit. My map pin is ready.


Next Week: Yard work is screaming at me again. I've been effectively squelching it up to this point, but some weeds have reached small tree status. I need the accountability of reporting next week to get 'er done.

1 comment: