Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fix Me

When you are making a quick dash to the basement to grab something out of the downstairs refrigerator, and this is what you see drawn on your wall sized chalkboard, you stop in your tracks.



What's that all about?

Who drew it...and why?

Is one of my kids suffering from a broken heart?
Did one of their friends draw it when they were over visiting?
Was there some deep discussion going on and that drawing was the result?
Were they just goofing around?
Or, had they just watched a particular heart breaking episode of "One Tree Hill" and felt inspired?

At this writing, I have not asked anyone in the house about the chalkboard art. I've just been thinking about it.

Not only can this chalk drawing convey a particular emotion at a particular time over a particular hurt, but it also illustrates the deep life cry of all our hearts.

Fix me.

We all know something's not right in us...with us. We need fixing on the heart/life level.

Sin has broken our heart - our life - and only God can fix it. Only God can fix us. He sent Jesus to die in our place - to take the punishment for all that heart breaking/life breaking sin.  That act alone is what fixes us for real.

For eternity.

He can fix us. Each one of us just needs to confess, "Fix me."

For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. 
   2 Corinthians 5:21New Living Translation

1 comment:

  1. This is a short blog, but a very deep subject. I feel something down deep inside of me right now, that is wanting some attention. I am going to sit here and continue looking at the heart. I keep reading it over, and going back and looking at the heart. I will figure this out, of what this stirred in me. Life sometimes gets so busy, that we just kind of stuff things down. This is a very powerful blog, for me. Bless the one who drew this, that their heart will be healed.

    ReplyDelete