Friday, October 19, 2012

InstaFriday - InstaOctober

Is your October flying by like mine is? A lot going on in these beautiful, cool fall days. Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my last couple of weeks - all captured with my ever present iPhone.

Two weeks ago Saturday, I attended a women's event here in Bolivar called Pure Joy. The theme was Beauty -  emphasizing what God says that really looks like. Even the decorations got ya thinking....



After that event, our senior, Faith, and some of her friends, thought our house was the perfect place to film a movie one of her friends has written. I'm thinking we may have the next Steven Spielburg here.


The next morning, Lou, Hannah, and I were up bright and early. We had a date in Joplin with David where we handed over the now appendix free Hannah to his very capable hands so he could ferry her back to the U of A.  We met where all coffee loving people meet - Starbucks.

I miss seeing David, our college freshman, on a regular basis!
Later that same afternoon, after that 3 hour trip to Joplin and back, we drove 70 miles to attend a wedding at a beautiful venue in Branson, Missouri, Integrity Hills. I snapped this at the reception in The Stables.
Wowsa

On Monday, and in stark contrast to The Stables, we hit the Mennonite store in Dunnegan.

This turkey was just wondering around in the yard.


And in stark contrast to the Mennonite lifestyle, is our digital, texting age - with all its bells and whistles.

Like auto correct - which may not always know exactly what you meant to type, but it may accurately describe where you sometimes feel like you are!

I was asking Lou, my hunk of man, to '"text Mitchell."
If my dad saw this,  he'd say, "Well, I'll say the word!"


Sweetness greeted me on Classical Conversations day! When I arrived to set up for class, this candy flower and note were waiting for me.
I have the best students.

More sweetness! My Elizabeth is holding my great nephew, Marcus Andrew Vaughan. We enjoyed him, his mom and grandmother for four days this month!
Nothing like a sleeping baby
October 10, 2012 was a big day. My Lou, of bike wreck fame, donned his helmet, bike jersey and shorts, and went for his first ride since the wreck. He was almost giddy with excitement before, and I was near tears. Our ride was mercifully uneventful and wonderful!
Back in the saddle
Cleaning up in my mom's room, I find...pretty much the cutest button I've ever seen. I have no recollection of having this made for my parents, but I obviously did.

Hannah, taking care of her Faith

Speaking of Faith, she greets every patient that comes through the front door of Bolivar Family Care Center.


 And this house greets you when you drive by Bolivar Middle School. I may be way off here, but I think they like Halloween - which, btw, is my least favorite holiday.



However, one of my favorite things right now is cupcakes  - from The Cup, in downtown Springfield, MO. It's ridiculous how obsessed with them I am right now. And just fyi, most gourmet cupcakes have 350-400 calories each.
Worth every calorie

I've mentioned here before that this is Faith's senior year, which means this is the beginning of a lot of "lasts" for her. Here we marked her last regular season home volleyball game.
Another thing my dad would say about now, "Nothing but fun."

And fun is how I'd describe my tiny attempt at decorating my front porch. The pumpkin, blue, yellow and white combination going on here makes me smile!



And smile is what we did when we drove into John Brown University in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, and saw our reserved parking spot.



We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and capped off a lovely day by meeting up with Luke and Hannah at a conveniently located Starbucks! We hung out there for over and hour - enjoying coffee and great conversation. Not only do I love these people, I really like them too.



I know you too have those that you not only love, but really like as well.

Aren't we blessed?

Before October slips away entirely, I hope you have time to sit around a cup of coffee or tea and visit with those nearest and dearest.

Those times are some of God's sweetest gifts.

Blessings to you and yours!



life rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment