Sunday, December 9, 2012

God, You, & Luke 2: Day 9

The shepherds here in Luke 2 have a lot to teach, and I have a lot to learn.

Luke 2:15-16 made me stop and take note.


"When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us. And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger."

The exact note I made in my notebook when I read this is, "When the Lord makes something known - ACT.

There seems to have been no hesitation on the shepherd's part. The angels left, and the shepherds made a plan. Hightail it to Bethlehem. No waiting around til first light. They made tracks.

And I need to follow that example. I haven't had a one on one with any angels of late, but God nudges my heart and soul about things. I'm not to procrastinate, or worse, dismiss them. I'm to make a plan and make tracks.

I'm to ACT on them. Because it's God speaking to me, making something known to me.

That's big, eternal stuff - stuff worth taking note of.

No comments:

Post a Comment