Monday, April 11, 2016

A Wedding Idea

You need to share good ideas, right?

Well, we think we had a good, fun idea at our Faith's wedding, and we want to share it with the world!

A popular item at weddings and events is a photo booth. We kicked that option around, but couldn't land on anything that fit our vision or budget. 

A few weeks before the wedding, I was sitting in the vicinity of our Elizabeth when the idea of a wedding selfie stick was birthed in my brain. I waited a bit and tried to think of a way to sell what I thought was a brilliantly fun idea to someone from the younger generation. Believe me, I've had other equally brilliant ideas that I've shared with my kids which have immediately been labeled lame. I really wanted this one to be liked. 

After carefully crafting my words, I told her my idea. She tentatively said, "You know, I kind of like that...that maybe could be fun." (Inside, I began to jump up and down).

And, from there, after a bit of tweaking from the fam, it took off! Everybody liked it! Most importantly, Faith and Isaak liked it!

Here's how it worked.

We knew Faith wouldn't be using her phone the afternoon of the wedding - at least from the ceremony on. So, when Faith arrived at the ceremony, my friend, Marla, took her phone for safekeeping until the reception. Once there, she put Faith's phone on the decorated selfie stick and started passing it around. We wanted to fill it with pictures (and videos) for her and Isaak to enjoy seeing later! When we put that phone back into her hand after the wedding, there were 244 fun filled selfies of family and friends smiling right back at them.

They loved it!

And, this idea is very budget friendly;)

Here's a sampling of selfies that I love, too.




























No comments:

Post a Comment