Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving 2011. As I was reading my Bible, praying, and thinking about this day and its meaning, I thought of Psalm 100.

When I was a child, I memorized two Psalms - Psalm 23 and Psalm 100. I have always heard Psalm 100 referred to as the "thankful" Psalm. So, this morning, at least 40 years past that first time of hearing Psalm 100 and memorizing it, I turn to it to re-read, to re-remind myself of the truth in those words. Truth, that someone, somewhere in my childhood, thought was so important that they encouraged me to memorize it. How thankful I am for that! Those words are in my heart and soul.

I want to share those words with you today. These are from the King James Version. It was what I read when I was young, and it's these beautiful, fancy words I hear today.


Psalm 100

 1Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
 2Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
 3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
 4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
 5For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment