Friday, November 4, 2011

Follow Through Friday - A Poem

I feel like writing a poem for you
And I hear a forgotten theme.
It's Friday, and I should be following through
But I'm not, or so it would seem.

Truly I am, in one twist of the phrase,
I'm drinking my water on cue.
200+ ounces in the last 3 days
It's the best I've been able to do.

Gulp down, quaff, guzzle, sip.
My mouth does more than just drink.
Adam's ale frolics as it passes my lips
And down to my stomach sinks.

Liquid success! I hear some of you say,
But what of the sampler left lonely?
It patiently waits for the time and the day
When I turn to its stitches only.

Maybe this is the week, this is the time
When my hands touch that cloth yet again.
I hope, or the words of this short silly rhyme
Will mock, and I'll seek a new spin.

So welcome back, old Follow Through Friend.
We'll try this journey once more.
Of tasks small and large I'll try to attend
And my reader, I'll try not to bore.


If you are new to my blog, and have no idea what a Follow Through Friday is, click here. And, if you have no idea about my 200+ oz of water, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment