Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

We need Ash Wednesday. We need to be reminded of this truth.



This kind of sobering truth forces us to think about our life. Why we live. Why we die.




The season of Lent is a good time to think about those things. 40 days out of 365 to contemplate in a different way Jesus' sacrifice for us - the sacrifice that saves us from the wrath to come. (I hate typing those last 4 words. I wonder at those last 4 words. Do I really believe those last 4 words?)

I've come across a couple of helpful sites that suggest readings and practices for the next 40 days. Maybe there's something for you there...

40 Ideas for Lent

The Trail to the Tree


Please know that I've said a prayer for you, my readers, as you contemplate these things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment