Friday, June 29, 2012

InstaFriday - Last Week of June!

Ahhhh! It's the end of June! Where has it gone?

PTL for my InstaFridays. I can look back and see where it's gone. The last seven days were full and busy. The last month was full and busy. I hope you are documenting your days in some way. You may not forget the gist of the days, but you might forget the details. Not really momentous details - but details that made you smile. That's really what my InstaFridays are. A diary of details.

The first entry in my photo diary was taken last Saturday, when we attended the wedding of a couple that began dating when he was a freshman in high school and she was a senior! I've watched them grow up. It was a real celebration - and had a bit of a Star Wars twist. Three of my girls helped out at the guest book and gift table, and at the reception. I did what I now always do at weddings. I cried.

The bride's dad had a little fun with the marquee
Surprise of Surprises when I opened fb this week. A friend had put a link on my wall with the caption, "Congrats to Liz!" When we opened the link, we saw this article. Wowsa!

The only thing I would change here is the picture ;)
 If you are gonna make a bucket list and want to make sure you accomplish at least one of them, then this is what you do. I laughed out loud.
Elizabeth's handiwork
I just noticed that Elizabeth is all over these pictures this week! She often plops down in my lap (which I love) and here she had the phone at arm's length. She looks like a cutie. My hand, however, looks like a raisin.

My doctor husband often gets mail inviting him to practice in far off exotic places. We got one this week from just such a place. It's also near and dear to my heart - the place I come from.

25 miles north of Memphis is Munford, where I drew my first breath on this earth.
I took a screen shot of these texts, because they encouraged me. I did a post about it. If you are interested, click here.



PEACHES are here! I am in heaven. My sister came through the Bootheel on Tuesday and picked these up for me. Happy dance in progress.



And my girls are in a crafting mood! As I type this, they are at Hobby Lobby picking up more supplies. Talk about bringing joy and beauty into your home. They are all over it. Thank you, Pinterest!

Faith made this for her room

Another Faith creation.

Elizabeth adding beauty to the world!
I was in the mood for a really healthy meal the other night, so I googled Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad. A quick trip to the store and voila! To. die. for.


We are all about food over here, so yesterday the girls and I headed to Halfway, MO, and enjoyed some good country cooking. Yummy, but probably at the opposite end of the health spectrum as the salad pictured above...


And after some basketball games at the Parkview Shootout, Elizabeth and I hit the real Panera. I took this picture to make Hannah jealous.

And here's Elizabeth...again!


Well, those are a few of the deets that I don't want to forget.  Thanks for sharing them with me.

Have a great weekend!


life rearranged

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Reading about your week is inspirational. You are enjoying every day life!! Polly

    ReplyDelete