Friday, February 22, 2013

InstaFriday: Short and Sweet

It's a short and sweet InstaFriday.

I have more pictures on my phone than are on today's InstaFriday, but since I post quite a few of them on Instagram, (you can follow me @shelleymarea), sometimes it feels a bit redundant to post some of those same pictures again on my blog. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to handle all that, so we'll see how/if my InstaFriday morphs in any way. For this week, however, it's the same, just a bit shorter.

Something warm and fuzzy to start things off
Growing up, I saw my share of barbed wire, since my physician father was also a gentleman farmer. However, it's been a few years since I had the opportunity to be this up close and personal to some. On my walk on Sunday afternoon, I passed this new stretch of fencing as I walked down the sidewalks on Division. I've always thought barbed wire looked menacing, but it's left that tiddlywink category, and is now downright wicked. When did they start painting those barbs red? Blood red...

Sunday was also the day that season 12 of The Amazing Race began. Yay! Yay! Yay! I've blogged about how much I love the Amazing Race and you can read about that here. Sunday, we celebrated with carrot cake!



I guess I was in a baking mood this week, because we celebrated again. This time we celebrated a snow day by eating the stickiest, gooiest, yummiest Monkey Bread you've ever eaten. No kidding.

It's low in calories too.

Kidding.

Snow day or not, we did manage to get a few chores done. Guess what Elizabeth had to do...




Today, I got to eat something I didn't bake! Shout out to Connie Tweedy and all you guys out at The Hangar Cafe.  Yummy!
I think this is the first time I've ever had gooseberry pie. It was yummy! 

Now shout out to you.

"Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderfully, winning weekend!"

And finally, a shout out to Lou.


"Hey babe! I'm done with my InstaFriday. Time to catch a few zzzz's!"

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment