Sunday, October 30, 2011

31 Days of Words for the Daily Dash-Day 30

I've recently read a book that is now on my list of most influential books. 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp is a powerful read, and speaks deeply regarding God, who he is, and his grace. Please know that the book is about more than the quote I'm sharing. But the quote is a huge theme of the book. It's a huge theme of God's book. It's a theme I hope to continue to grow in. And we've all heard it before.

Thank you, God.

Thank you, God....
     -that I was born.
     -that I am breathing at this moment.
     -that you know me and I know you.
     -that you saved me.
     -that you are coming again.
     -that "this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison"
     -that there is a mysterious, beautiful purpose in all you do.
     -that all you do is for your glory and my joy.
     -that I can trust you. 
     -that you are good.
     -that you are just.
     -that you love me.
     -that you gave us the Bible to remind us of all this and more - much more

And I could go on and on and on. 

Everything we are, everything we have, everything we know - everything is a gift from God. He is good. He is just. He is right. He loves us. So we can say thank you, God. And trust him. Even in the hard times. Especially in the hard times. 

It's all a gift. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

  1. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, and that's what I'm doing...or perhaps more accurately, updating my list. This is my favorite post. :) You are a blessing, Shelley. <3

    ReplyDelete