Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days of Words for the Daily Dash-Day 6

It's only day 6 and I'm already using my 2nd quote by Elisabeth Elliot. It's not the last one I'll use this month, either. Obviously, she has greatly impacted my life. I consider her a spiritual mother.

 I am a different woman because of her. 

I am eternally grateful to God for her. 

And I'm glad she chose to say the following powerful words at the beginning of every one of her radio broadcasts. 

You are loved with an everlasting love. And underneath, are the everlasting arms.

She also has them on the home page of her website.


I think she wants us to remember them. You are loved. Not with some flash in the pan kind of  love. Everlasting. And if that wasn't enough - and even though our eyes can't see them, his everlasting arms are under us - cradling, holding, lifting up.

I want my kids to remember them. In fact, almost every day, when I dropped them off at our middle school, I said those words to them as they exited the car. I wanted those words to be the last words of encouragement they heard from me before they tackled their day. 

The thought occurred to me, just now as I was writing that last sentence, that maybe this should have been my last post of this 31 series. Kind of my parting encouragement as you navigate through blogland. But this quote was the persistent thought I had throughout the day that I felt I should write about today. Maybe one of you out there needs to be reminded of how loved you are by our everlasting God. Maybe you need to be reminded that His everlasting arms are underneath you, helping you. So, I'll share it today as Elisabeth Elliot has shared for so many years - to remind you, to remind me.

You are loved with an everlasting love. And underneath are the everlasting arms.

NOTE:
Her two sentences are a combination of two Old Testament scriptures.

New International Version Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

New International Version Deuteronomy 33:27a
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Both encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment