Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Tribe's Vibe: Smiling and Laughing

Oh how glad I am that I took the time to write down some of the everyday things that happened when the kids were little! This journal review I've been doing this week has been a blast. I have smiled and laughed and remembered. 

And thanked God. 

But before you think I was super organized and documented our life neatly, here's Exhibit A:

yay for sticky notes!


I was grabbing any piece of paper I had handy to write it down as soon as I could because I was afraid I would forget exactly what they said! All I know is that now, I don't care what they're written on - I'm just glad they're written! So many of the stories I don't remember. That makes me sad, but c'est la vie. At least I can still read about them!

I'm going to share a couple of prayer stories I found with you today. 

In November of 2003, when our Faith was 9, she had an episode of weakness in her hand and a little slurred speech.

That, my friends, was a scary morning. 

It happened right before I was taking the kids to school, so we threw everyone in the car to drop them off there and then I headed straight to my doctor husband's office. Here's what happened in the car that morning according to my journal entry.

A very humorous event happened the morning of Faith's episode. As usual, I say a prayer on the way to school. Before we'd gotten in the car, Faith told us how nauseated she was. I had told her a couple of times to "go ahead and throw up." (She had a bucket with her). So, we're in the car and I start out saying "Dear Jesus," when I heard a groan from Faith and so I said, "go ahead and throw up if you have to." And then I finished my prayer. Before I was done, David was laughing his head off. When I asked him why he was laughing, he said, "Mom, did you hear what you prayed?" I said, "What?" He said, "You prayed, 'Dear Jesus, go ahead and throw up if you have to!'"

(In case you are wondering, her symptoms were caused by an atypical migraine - she's all good, PTL)

The second story I don't remember at all, but once I read it, I could see it happening.

This entry is dated December 12, 2005. Mary Grace was homeschooled at the time.

Mary Grace was piddling while she was supposed to be doing math. 
I said, "Mary Grace, get busy so you can get done with your stuff."
She said, "I don't want to do it! I want you to do it for me!"
I said, "Well, that's not going to happen."
To which she replied, "Yes, it is. I prayed for it."



It's good to smile and laugh, isn't it? 

Here's praying we all spend more time smiling and laughing while we do everyday life with our tribes!


No comments:

Post a Comment